We are seeking a qualified and dedicated Medical Biller to join our talented and dedicated Healthcare Billing team. Your role will be to perform various administrative tasks, answer phone calls as well as do outbound calls if necessary. As our Medical Biller, you will be responsible in maintaining the database and patient info up-to-date, maintain billing software, appealing denied claims, and data entry for the payments, etc.
To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance agents will form a large part of the job.
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Medical Biller, Healthcare Phone Support or similar role is required.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Stellar customer service skills
- Willing to work on holidays as well as rendering over time necessary.
- Stable wired internet connection with a minimum of 10mbps up to 25mbps
- Laptop or PC specs:
CPU: At least i3 or AMD Equivalent (higher the better)
RAM: 4gb-8gb (higher the better)
- Working webcam
- Headset with noise-canceling microphone
- Back-up internet is highly recommended
The role is remote but we can guarantee a healthy and fun working environment with lots of events for our valued employees. Perks, rewards, recognition, and promotion awaits you!
FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WILL VOID YOUR APPLICATION:
►Visit vocaroo.com to record your 30 seconds to 1-minute audio introduction and paste the link under the comments section.
► Screenshot of your speedtest is required! Visit speedtest.net and share link under the comments section.
► Resume or CV must be PDF and attach a screenshot of your PC specs together with your resume or CV. ***Must be one file only.
Good luck and looking forward to talking to you soon!
-One Click Virtual Support, Recruitment Team